Friday, December 9, 2011

2.5 months.

I never seem to find the time to update this even though I keep telling myself I will. Ah, good intentions.
 
Anyway – 2.5 months post op – 85lbs down. I feel healthy and fantastic. I’ve went from a 6o” waist to a 46” in that time. From 4xl PJ pants to a regular ole XL. Fantastic feeling – to be able to go to a place like WalMart and actually find something that fits. Shirts went from a 4xl to a 2xl for the most part. I’ve lost bout 30+ inches. I’m noticing I graze at work throughout the day. It’s nothing unhealthy – usually nuts and dried cranberries, but I don’t want to get into the habit of shoving things in my face throughout the day. My meals seem wholesome thus far. A typical day is egg for breakfast with a slice of cheese, protein shake on the way to work (around noon time), nuts and dried berries munched on until dinner break at 5:00pm – which is usually something protein rich like tuna or something of the sort with a small slice of bread (a flat mini 50 calorie thingy), after dinner between then and the time I go home I’m usually munching on some more mixed nuts/berries and cheese sticks with pepperoni slices. After work, wine is a must have and it’s usually a small snack/micro meal.
 
Writing it out, it really isn’t all that bad – but I feel like I can have to potential to eat too many nuts. LOL – You won’t hear me saying something like that every day …
 
I have a bowflex at home I’m cranking out some workouts on and have began to walk/job from time to time. I’m not as motivated to work out as I’d like to be – but I’m working on it. Work has been stressing me out beyond anything – and it seems to be robbing me of my motivation and energy, so I’ve really got to isolate that and get on it.
 
Sagging … it’s happening. All over. My ass. My inner thighs. My arms. MY ABDOMEN. Saggy McSaggerton here, at your service. I’m certain I’ll be able to take flight at some point with my wing span, like a sugar glider. That may be actually fantastic. I’m not concerned with any area except my stomach. One day, I’d like to take my shirt off at the beach and not feel like I’m wearing a hefty bag of skin – so I’m hoping I can do that myself through exercise and hydration – but I am not opposed to surgery. Time will tell. I have a surgeon in mind here in Florida who I’m planning on getting a few quotes from just for reference, so I know exactly how much in the hole I’ll be when the time comes.
 
My wife is having her sleeve on 12/19 – and she starts liquids this coming Monday. I can’t even begin to express how excited I am for her! This is going to change her life and her health. She is currently a diabetic – and I know since she is so newly diagnosed, she has about a 95% chance of her diabetes being completely reversed – which is amazing.
 
This is the best Christmas gift we could have given eachother – the gift of life and love. The gift of knowing that we will be able to be around for eachother even longer than before.
 
2012 is going to be our best year yet and I’ve never been so excited or felt as accomplished as I do right now.

2 comments:

  1. You have done amazing so far! You should be proud. Excited for your wife, will keep her in my thoughts and prayers on the 19th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! I hate how saggy I've become as well. I likely will be having cosmetics sometime in the next year I think.

    I wish you a wonderful holiday season and your wife is in my thoughts as she begins her journey

    Best,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Pages