Thursday, August 11, 2011

10lbs of Frustration …

I met with Dr. Bass today ... and hopped on the scales. My wife has said I've lost a few inches because she can wrap her arms around me and lock her fingers behind my back - so I was a little optimistic. I have noticed some leg and ankle swelling, so I know I've been retaining water - but I didn't know how much. I hop up on the scale ... and I have a 10.4 lb gain from last month. WHAT??!?!? I am NOT a happy camper. I have never seen the scale hit 400 ... and I don't intend to. At this point, I'm 399 and some change. I'm quite certain I would have flailed all over the doctors office on my belly like a salmon out of water if I saw a '4' before the other 2 numbers.

Either way, I'm tremendously discouraged. There have only been 2 changes in my diet - one is I've been taking in 1 protein shake a day (low carb EAS or low carb Ensure High Protein) ... the other is I've been drinking a little more lately, as in booze. Generally it's about 1 malt beverage (like beer or flavored beers) a night after work ... some nights it's 2, some nights it's 0. That's only been going on for about a week - as I bought a 6 pack days ago, and still have 2 left.

I haven't been taking Lasix as I should because my job at the cable company doesn't always make it easy to pee a thousand times a day, so I've been putting it off. I really believe that is the culprit. I fell asleep in the recliner the other evening, and when I woke up that morning, my toes looked like little snausages and my feet were swollen. It hurt to walk, etc. They have never fully went down after that. I doubt one beer per night for 4 nights is going to put on 10lbs in a matter of 3.5 weeks.

I'm going to allow myself to have a pity party freak out today - and take my Lasix tonight. I'll just have to piss all night long - which is a-ok with me, if it gets that weight off. I can't let it get me too bummed, because surgery is next month and I won't see this weight ever again.

3 comments:

  1. Any chance you will change your mind about the surgery ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! How miserable!! Have you talked to the nutritionist about it? I'm sure s/he is having you keep a food diary. Weight is basic science- calories out versus calories in. If you've gained, it's because you've consumed more calories than you've burned. You know it's true.

    Have your pity party and get back on track. This is not what you wanted for yourself. You wanted to LOSE BEFORE the surgery. Only you have control over that. If you want it, DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be discouraged. Its all body chemistry. WHen you have the surgery, the weight comes off without effort. be encouraged. you are doing a good thing

    ReplyDelete

Pages