Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ticking the days away....

27 days until surgery. I can’t believe it’s almost here! I just called my employer’s insurer today to set up my claim for FMLA and Short Term Disability as I plan to take a full month off of work to get acclimated to my sleeve. All of my meetings with the nutritionist are over until after surgery – and I’ve got to call my PCP tomorrow to set up an appointment for pre op blood work and an EKG. This is all so surreal, I can’t believe it’s almost that time.
 
In everything I do, I keep thinking … next time around, this won’t be so hard. This weekend, I was climbing my fat ass all over furniture hanging pictures in our new loft and panting like a dog in the sun. All I kept thinking was – in a few months, this won’t be as hard. When dealing with the hot Florida summer, I think – next summer – it won’t be so hard. Next summer – will be the best summer of my life, I think. I’ll be able to ENJOY life – enjoy the sun and the surf – and I will never be the same.
 
My wife has made the decision to get sleeved as well. She was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes – and that basically decided for her. She will be having her surgery sometime in mid-December as she begins her 3 month hoop jumping process on September 8th. I can’t begin to think of the positive impact this will have on our marriage – we both will be on the same road to health and be able to stand firm and support eachother, making our bond even stronger. I can’t wait to experience life with her and be able to have the child-free fun loving travel filled marriage we have always dreamed of. As these days dwindle down towards the chopping block, I am at peace and know in my heart – this is a gift and a blessing that I receive whole heartedly and open handedly.
 
Life. Is. Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages