Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ensure ... it's not just for the geriatrics anymore .....

..... Now it's for the Bariatrics too!

Hey all ... you know this is the first place I run to when I have a protein experience ... whether it be pleasant or not. LOL.

I recently saw a commercial for Ensure. They have a new shake out that is specifically high protein. One 14oz shake is 25g of protein, 3g of Prebiotic Fiber (for the pooping), Low in fat and only 5g of sugar.

Anywho, I went over to WalMart to grab these shakes and give them a shot. They have a milk chocolate and a french vanilla flavor. I grabbed one of each. I just tried the chocolate flavor ... well ... let me rephrase that. I asked my wife to take the first sip of the chocolate flavor and to tell me if it was ghastly before I braved a sip. LOL.

When she didn't burst into flames or turn into an extra from Night Of The Living Dead, I figured I'd give it a shot. It's actually pretty good. Sweet - not funky. No protein foamy death taste like some powders are. It's very doable. It comes in a resealable individual bottle ... which I LOVE. After surgery, I doubt my gut will be able to support 14oz at once, so I can just drink what I can and stick it back in the fridge until later.

So, all in all - Ensure High Protein shakes (so far the milk chocolate flavor) get a THUMBS UP from the Ortiz household. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages