Thursday, July 7, 2011

Psych Evaluation

My psych eval went pretty well. I met with Helene Schute, L.M.H.C, and she was really a fantastic person. I didn't have to take one of those crazy 600 question multiple choice tests or anything, so I'm happy about that. We just spoke about triggers for overeating, my childhood (she earned her $150 on that one) and about what my goals are after surgery. I really wish she was in network with Aetna, because I think I may go to therapy a couple of times a month after surgery to conquer the graveyard of skeletons that linger in my closet.

All in all, I'm not a psycho path, so I'm on the right path for therapy. She was impressed with my grasp of my emotions and my past, and how I am learning to dig it up and really get closure, rather than burying my feelings under mountains of food.

I am pretty happy with this experience, especially now that it's speeding up a little bit. I'm excited to see Dr. Bass next week and get instructions for the next part of this journey and ultimately make my way to a surgery date. This year is going to be an amazing journey, but the start of my new life.

2 comments:

  1. I can only support you and give you encouragement. Your past and the burden of carrying it are far beyond what I experienced I am sure. My sister had the Roux-En-Y (sp?) and says she would do it again tomorrow. Her blog is www.jensgyrations.blogspot.com if you want to discuss anything with her. I can read "hope" in your words and can only wish for the best for you and your future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started following your blog, and it's so great to hear how you are progressing. I was sleeved on 5/2/2011, and I can honestly say that this is the BEST thing I've ever done for myself. No regrets. It's so exciting to see your journey as you take it day by day. The surgery is a life-changing experience, but so is the road to getting there. Know that you have my full support, and please keep everyone updated!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Pages