Monday, October 3, 2011

50lbs down ...

Hey all, I know I've been M.I.A. lately. This weekend was a surprise 50th birthday party for my Mom that I've been planning for a year - so I've been busy the past week with the final touches. It went FANTASTIC!

Anywho, on to gastric happenings ... I'm down 50lbs since 9/13/11 when I began the liquid diet. I'm feeling great with the weight loss. It is definitely starting to slow down and I'm approaching the dreaded stall. I've made a habit of weighing every day ... multiple times, and I've got to stop. Yesterday, I was 355, today 356.8 ... then back down again I'm sure after I crap. LOL. Either way, I was expecting the stall - especially as I've started different food phases, and I KNOW I'm not getting in enough protein - so it's to be expected. I'm not going to flip out about it and not weigh again until next Monday for my own sanity. I just had my wife remove the scale from the bathroom and hide it while I'm typing this ...

Foods are going ok - I haven't thrown up at all - even after surgery. I'm doing better getting liquids in ... I'm getting in about 40oz a day ... which isn't where I need to be, but better than where I was.

So far, everything is going well ... and despite not being able to eat more than a bite or two - I'm loving my sleeve and glad I did this. It's been, by far, the hardest thing I've ever done - but so glad I did it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages