Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ah ... the dreaded STALL ... I've been expecting you.

Here I am - smack dab in my dreaded 3 week stall. Damn it all. I knew it was coming - I even had my wife hide the scale ... only for me to rummage around the house and find it today ... weigh in and  become DISGUSTED. UGH UGH UGH!!! I hate this stall. I've gone from 355 to 358 down to 357 and staying within those 3 lbs up and down.

I'm not allowing myself a pity party about it. I've still lost 50lbs in less than 3 weeks - and that's TREMENDOUS! I know that I've got to adjust my diet and activity level. In these first few weeks after surgery, I wasn't counting ANYTHING calorie or protein wise. I was just focusing on getting in what ever I could manage to get in.

I KNOW that I'm not getting in NEARLY enough protein and I know I got in too many carbs this weekend with my mom's birthday and having a few mushed up bites of cake. I also know I'm not exercising enough, and I've got to step it up. So, starting tomorrow - I'm going to REALLY try to get in at least HALF of my daily protein and watch what I eat and make it a point to walk walk walk or ride the bike. My office has a gym, so I may sneak in there and work out while I drop my wife off to work, since we work in the same place. I just have to be shady because I'm not returning until November 1st.

All in all, I am doing well. Loving life - learning what I can and cannot eat and how much is too much. I haven't vomited once at all ... even when I had surgery - even though I've come close. I'm looking forward to taking my body to the next level and learning to live with this very temperamental sleeve. LOL.

One thing I have noticed is a hard time handling cheese. I haven't really drank cow's milk ... as I mainly drink almond milk, but I've noticed a very queasy feeling after cheese. Doc said it's possible to become intolerant of lactose post op, but it can also be temporary too. He said if I'm still having issues in a month or so, then to move to a product like Lactaid to help.

I hope you all are well!

1 comment:

  1. You will have several stalls through out your journey, some might last a week and some might be several weeks. They are frustrating to say the least. I am in a stall right now myself, up 2 lbs and no explanation of why. I am trying to stay calm and not stress or freak out about but it's hard. Get in your proteins, water and work out and hopefully the stall doesn't last long!

    I can't tolerate milk at all since surgery, I have to do lactose free or soy milk is good too. Eggs & cheese actually don't bother me, although I don't do a lot of cheese but I do boiled eggs a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Pages