Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A whole new world ...

I went grocery shopping alone for the first time in a while. Usually, my wife handled that because my back hurt too much to walk the store.

It is VERY different experience shopping for a bariatric tummy. I'm having a hard time having meat - so I picked up some tofu for the protein. I've honestly never had tofu before - but I'm looking forward to playing around with it.

I'm feeling like I wish I could eat more. I know that sounds crazy, but I can barely get in more than a few bites before having some discomfort ... and I just wish I could get more in so I can have a fair shot at getting in protein and whatnot.

Other than having a micro-tummy ... I'm doing pretty fantastically. No real regrets - just a few bouts of general blahness about not being able to eat at all - but I know it will come in time.

Hope everyone is well.

2 comments:

  1. Even at 5 months post op I still deal with wanting to eat more sometimes. Often its a trigger food for me... a prior comfort food that I indulged in. The thing is, I ate pretty healthy pre-op. I just ate too much of it. There's not much I love more than spaghetti squash mixed with a bit of fresh parmesan and a little butter.... yet, sleevie says NO if I have more than a tiny portion. It's going to be a struggle for a long time I think. But I'm ok with that... I like when sleevie reminds me its there. It's why I am enjoying a tiny size 8 in clothing these days! :)

    Congratulations on your first grocery trip post-op!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gets easier over time trust me, just keep experimenting around with different foods, Heck Im 15 months out and Im still playing around with food and finding new combinations of things!

    ReplyDelete

Pages