Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ch ch ch changes ...


I'll be a month post op this coming Wednesday. I'm down a total of 56 lbs and feeling great. My energy level is better after incorporating some vitamins into my diet. I've been walking some and whatnot - but I'm ready to get more active. I have P90X that I've NEVER used ... and tomorrow is the day. I'm starting P90X ... and hoping I don't fall over and croak or bust through my floor. LOL


I'm able to eat about anything. I just graduated to regular foods ... although some still don't sit as great as others. At the moment, I'm nibbling on baby carrots and a touch of hummus. It's the first raw veggie I've had since surgery, and it's sitting very well in my stomach. I'm looking forward to a small salad within the next couple of days. Dinner tonight was a little piece of broiled lemon pepper catfish with a little side of some green beans mixed with reduced fat feta and kidney beans.


I managed about 1/3 of the small filet of fish and a few mini forkfuls of the veggies and I was full. It was delish. I ate a little too fast and that caused some minor discomfort, but I was able to walk it off and now feel fine. 


I've been noticing I am feeling sort of hungry ... not like I used to, but just like ... I really should eat something. LOL. I feel most 'hungry' in the morning when I wake up, and it doesn't take much to make me feel satisfied. 


In the beginning, I questioned my decision to get sleeved since I had so much pain and discomfort .... but now I love this sleeve. I love love LOVE it. I love the restriction. I love the weight loss. I love the way I can move and how I feel. I LOVE THAT I CAN SEE MY FEET ... (among other things ...............:o ). This is the best decision I have EVER made for myself. My wife is getting more excited for her sleeve surgery in December. We can't help but think of how fantastic our lives will be after it's all over.


We're planning a vow renewal ceremony (since we just ran off an eloped alone at the courthouse), and we're even going to take ballroom dance lessons next year after her sleeve and we both lean up some more, so our first dance can be something spectacular. If you would have told me a year ago I'd be considering ballroom dancing, I'd have told you that you had stones in your head. I have my life back. I'm in control of it - not food, not my stomach. ME. As it should be. 


Life is good. No ... life is GREAT.

1 comment:

  1. The first few months are tough, you question your decision a lot, but once you get use to your new stomach, what to eat, what not to eat, how fast to eat etc it is a decision you will be very happy with. Glad your feeling better and back on track!
    Congrats on the vow renewal, me and my husband want to do that too since I never got to wear a wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete

Pages