Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Drained like WOAH ...

Ok ... this kinda blows. I'm still in a minor stall. I'm losing a few ounces a day if I'm lucky. At the beginning of my recovery, I had energy for DAYS and felt like superman. Now ... not so much. I'm feeling very irritable and weak. I walked the dog today (3/4 mile), took out the trash and did a few odds and ends in the kitchen ... and napped for nearly 2 hours. It's like everything I do is a feat of strength and endurance ... which I seem to have none of.

I don't know what it is - or what has me so blah and moody. Vitamin wise, I'm taking a multi vitamin and also taking a calcium chew. I bought some sub lingual B-12's, but haven't started them yet. I also have a prescription refill of Vitamin D I haven't picked up yet. I wonder if the B-12 and D is why I'm feeling shit-tastic.

Either way, it's unpleasant. I'm quiet and irritable ... kind of like a man period. My weight loss is sitting at 53lbs and not budging very fast at all. Still though, 53lbs in a month is nothing to sneeze at - so I'm trying to be proud of where I am.

Even though I'm whiny and grumpy - I still don't regret my sleeve. I'm learning to love the restriction (most of the time anyway), and looking forward to this stall being OVER.

3 comments:

  1. My sister had the RNY and has to take Vitamin B12 shots for the rest of her life and it's for the energy so you should probably get on all the supplements that were recommended. You lost a lot pretty quickly. It has to be quite an adaptation for your body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. B12 will make a huge difference! I ran out and didn't have any for a few weeks and felt drained all the time. Start taking thos and that might help. Are you getting in enough calories? Protein? water? Your body is still adjusting to the major surgery it just had, but if you continue feeling like that call your surgeon for a check up just in case. Hopefully your not dehydrated that will drain you too. You are doing great, the scale is gonna slow down at times and then speed up and go back and forth, get use to it is my best advice, we get spoiled by the big numbers and when they stop we freak out, you are doing amazing with your weight loss so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. B12 will seriously help. That and Vit D are super important!!

    ReplyDelete

Pages